We do value your privacy!
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories and types of “Personal Information”:
- Contact information: your first and last name, alias or username, mailing address, email address, and phone number;
- Other identifying information: internet protocol (IP) address, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, Social Security/Insurance number, driver’s license number, state identification card number, insurance policy number, passport number or similar identifiers, social media user names, passwords and other security information for authentication and access, physical characteristics or description, medical information or health insurance information;
- Financial Information: credit card number, debit card number, bank account information and other financial information;
- Demographic information: gender, age, employment information and salary information;
- Geolocation data; may include personal location and or device location;
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing, search and click history, including information about how you navigate within This Website and the Services and which elements of This Website and the Services you use the most, and ratings and reviews or other content you post on This Website or to the Services;
- Commercial information: products or services purchased or viewed on This Website or through the Services;
- Audio and visual information: your videos and photos, such as audiovisual content you upload to your user profile and other audio or video recordings initiated by us; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
We may anonymize, aggregate or otherwise strip any personal information or other information we collect of all personally identifying characteristics and may use or share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties for any purpose we deem appropriate.
Message or Email Content. We may also collect other Personal Information in the form of message or email content when you choose to link certain third-party messaging or email services (e.g., WhatsApp or Gmail) to your User Account/Profile or when you interact with these services on This Website or in connection with the Services.
Sources of Collection
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from You. For example, from forms you complete to register for a user account or create a user profile on This Website, when otherwise using the Services, or to provide feedback or suggestions about This Website or the Services. We also collect records of products or services you consider for purchase when you search for businesses on This Website or through the Services, ask questions in our Q&A section or request quotes or contacts from businesses who advertise with us.
- Indirectly or passively from you or your computers, devices or internet browsers. For example, This Website use “cookies” on your browser that enable us to track your interactions with This Website, the Services and Ads, and our Apps may collect geolocation from your mobile device if you search for a business “near” your current location. This activity is further described in the Cookies and Advertising and Online Tracking sections below.
- Indirectly or passively from you if you choose to link certain third-party email or messaging services (e.g., WhatsApp or Gmail) to your User Account/Profile or when you otherwise interact with these services on This Website or in connection with the Services.
- From telephone carriers and providers. For instance, we collect caller ID information from incoming calls to our call tracking numbers, and we receive Consumer information for the purpose of publishing White Pages residential telephone directories in certain geographic areas.
- From your contacts. For example, if another user chooses to use an available referral or share feature on This Website or through the Services (e.g., to send a postcard, listing, page link, contest invitation, etc. to you), we may collect certain Personal Information about you as the recipient of the shared information (e.g., name, address, e-mail address, mobile telephone number).
- From Social Networking Services. For example if you use Facebook or Google to sign-in to your account on This Website or to the Services, we collect such information about you that you permit the Social Networking Service to share with us.
- From Service Providers that collect certain Personal Information from or about you on our behalf, such an analytics software or platform that we use to measure and analyze traffic to This Website, the Services or interaction with our Ads. For example, our Service Providers capture certain usage data to provide and analyze a “session replay” of your activities on This Website, which allows us to optimize This Website and the Services. The session replay may record, for example, clicks, mouse movements, scrolling, typing, navigation through This Website and the technical specifications of your device.
Purpose of Collection and How We Use Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following categories of use:
Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, financial information, and commercial information to:
- Fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a quote from a business, we will use that Personal Information to facilitate communication between you and the business regarding the quote;
- Create and update your User Account/Profile;
- Receive, process, or confirm your request, order, inquiry or registration;
- Communicate with you about your request, order, inquiry or registration;
- To create, maintain and secure your User Account/Profile on This Website or in connection with the Services; and
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Consumer Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred.
Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, commercial information, demographic information, and geolocation data to analyze preferences, trends and statistics and direct you to the jurisdiction-specific website based on your location.
Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, demographic information, internet or other electronic activity, geolocation data, and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new products, services and offers;
- Provide you with targeted advertising;
- Run contests, promotions and sweepstakes;
- Provide you with other information from and about Affex Digital, including personalized marketing communications;
- Help us measure and understand site metrics, such as website traffic and its sources and conversions in order to gauge the effectiveness of online advertising;
- Personalize your experience and to deliver you content and offers relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through This Website, on third-party sites, and via email and text message (each with your prior express consent, where required by law), in-app push notifications, or other similar means; and
- Provide you with communications or notices regarding Website and Services operations, our products or services, or happenings that may be of interest to you.
Maintenance and Improvement of This Website and the Services: We use your contact information, commercial information, audiovisual information, and internet activity and browsing history to:
- Provide you with This Website and the Services, including to send you alerts about your account;
- Handle your customer services requests;
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer This Website and the Services;
- Help us to monitor and improve this Website’s and the Services’ performance and to make it easier for you and other users to use and manage features and programs made available through this Website and the Services;
- Help us to better understand the functionality of our mobile applications on your phone;
- To provide support, personalize and develop this Website or the Services;
- For feature testing, research, analysis, evaluation and product development, including to develop and improve this Website and the Services;
- To provide you with support and to respond to your feedback, suggestions, and inquiries, including to investigate complaints and address your concerns about content that violates our policies, or to improve content quality and accuracy, as well as to monitor and improve our responses.
Review and content creation purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, and audio and visual information to enable reviews of our products and to display content that you have created and allowed us to display on this Website and the Services and on social media.
Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, financial information, geolocation data, audiovisual information, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to:
- Protect this Website, the Services, databases and other technology assets;
- Protect Affex Digital and our business;
- Minimize or prevent fraudulent or bot traffic;
- Detect and prevent malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity on this Website or the Services;
- Protect the rights, security, and safety of Affex Digital personnel and users of this Website and the Services; and
- Respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations, or in order to comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations, such as the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable intellectual property law.
We may collect additional Personal Information for a purpose and use not listed here when, for example, you sign up for a specific Affex Digital service. If necessary, we will provide details of our collection and use of associated data during the sign up process, and get your consent. Affex Digital will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice, or where required by law, obtaining your consent.
Categories of Third Parties We Share Personal Information With
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses whom we believe trustworthy and who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by us.
Our Affiliates or Subsidiaries
We may share Personal Information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with Affex Digital, where such affiliates or subsidiaries are acting as our Service Provider, or where required by law.
If Affex Digital is merged, acquired, or sold, or in the event of a transfer of some or all of our assets, we may disclose or transfer Personal Information in connection with such transaction.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of Affex Digital or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
We use third-party data analytics tools to analyze how users use the App and Services. For example, we use Google Analytics to provide statistics and analytical tools to analyze how users use the Website. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Advertising and Online Tracking
Managing Your Information Preferences
You can opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us by following the Unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of all marketing e-mails you receive from us. You are able to opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us, however, you cannot opt out of receiving all e-mails from us, such as e-mails about the status of your account.
Managing Your Personal Information
If you use an available capability on this Website or through the Services to register with us and create a profile, at any time after you register and create a profile, you may review and request changes to any personally identifiable information you provided through the registration form, by signing in to view and update your profile within the application and, depending on the site or Service, either self-deleting such information and/or your account or requesting that we delete it.
Be Careful When You Share Information with Others
Please be aware that whenever you share information on any public area of this Website or the Services, that information may be accessed by others. In addition, please remember that when you share information in any other communications with third parties, that information may be passed along or made public by others. This means that anyone with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications. We cannot control and are not responsible for what such third parties may do with your information, so you should exercise caution when choosing to share it.
However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and no security measures can provide absolute protection. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through this Website or the Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through this Website or the Services or that you otherwise provide to us, and you do so at your own risk.
This Website and the Services are intended for and directed to a general adult audience. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child, we will delete such information from our records.
If you have any questions or concerns or would like to submit a complaint to us, you may Contact Us.